- All products( 25 )
- 2 place trimmer rack for open landscape trailer
- 3 place trimmer rack for enclosed trailers
- 3 place trimmer rack for open landscape trailer
- 6 hole handtool rack for landscape truck trailer
- 6 hole handtool rack for open landscape trailer
- Adjust dual ball mount
- Aluminum cargo carrier
- Aluminum ladder rack for enclosed trailer
- Bike rack bike carriers
- Camping tent
- Car shelter
- Jet ski cover
- Motorcycle scooter dirtbike carrier tow hit bike rack
- Motorcycle shelter
- Multi rack landscape truck trailer for chain saws, hedge trimmers and handsheld blowers
- Pack of 4 round pan fitting d-ring trailer tie-down anchors
- Roof rack carrier basket
- Roof top cross bar
- Snowmobile cover
- Steel rear wheel chair carrier
- Telescoping ladder | expandable ladder
- Trailer ladder rack for enclosed trailer
- Trailer ladder rack large ladder racks
- Weight distribution hitch tow stabalizer
- Wheel chock | wheel block
- Wheel clamp for wheel lock
Primo Brand 5 Lug Aluminum Rim with Tire
: In stock
: Aluminum Rim with Tire
Regular price $249.75
- ST205/75R15 Tire
- 15x5 All Aluminum Rim - Black and Silver
- Black Center Cap
- 5 on 4.5" Bolt Pattern
- RED Primo Logo Machined into Rim
Aluminum Rim Manufacturing Process
Stage 1: Aluminum Ingot
Aluminum ingots are produced by pouring molten aluminum into special molds. The ingots themselves can vary in size depending on the need.
Stage 2: Aluminum Casting
Aluminum castings are formed by pouring molten metal into molds that have been shaped by a pattern of the desired final product. Three common types of molding methods are used to produce castings: die casting, permanent mold casting, and sand casting. Permanent mold casting is used for creating alloy or aluminum wheels.
Stage 3: Rough Machining
Rough machining is a process mainly used to remove excess, bulk material rapidly and roughly shape the workpiece to the desired form. The roughing process makes the subsequent processes more convenient and efficient.
Stage 4: Fine Machining
Fine machining is the process of shaping large pieces of material into more precise parts to meet specifications. This process is generally performed using CNC equipment. CNC machining is one of the most versatile manufacturing processes available today and aluminum is among the most popular material choices. CNC machining aluminum alloys provide manufacturers huge flexibility for product manufacturing.
Stage 5: Painting
In preparation for painting, the aluminum is cleaned of any oil or grease. After cleaning the surface, it’s left to dry completely. A self-etching Primer is applied
in 3-4 coats and the aluminum is sanded. For the best finish, 4-5 coats of paint
is applied to the aluminum. Finally, the item is left in a dry place for at least
Stage 6: Impact load testing
Test rims are selected and impact tested for quality and safety. Tensile or tension tests are simple, relatively inexpensive, standardized and commonly
used to measure strength, yield strength and elongation. Results of tensile testing are essential for comparison of materials, quality control, alloy development, certifying the integrity of a product and reduction in area of
Stage 7: Inspection and cleaning
Rims are visually inspected. We work closely with our clients to determine the optimum number of hours that wheels and rims should be in service before being tested, helping eliminate pre-emptive inspections and unnecessary equipment down time.
Rims are mostly packaged in protective dish packing foam or bubble wrap. Special attention is given to protect the lips and face of the wheel for added protection at times.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.