The process of installing a ladder rack on your enclosed trailer is super easy. Just follow these easy steps.
- Properly measure your ladders and ladder racks to make sure they are a perfect fit before installing.
- Locate the points on your trailer where it is most suitable to install the racks. This usually is where the studs are located on the trailer wall.
- Mark the spots where the ladder rack will be attached on both sides to avoid errors.
- Drill a hole carefully in four distinct locations that will serve as the support points for the ladder rack.
- Attach the bolts to the ramp and then insert into the holes with small plates acting as a cushion.
- Properly fasten each bolt before screwing on the rack brackets with a bolt.
- Do the same for the second rack a few inches apart.
When it comes to purchasing a ladder rack for your enclosed trailer, one of the most challenging things you will face is knowing just what you need in a ladder rack that will solve most of your problems.
This guide will help you make an informed decision on the right ladder for you, and avoid any challenges you may face in sifting through the available options.
As an added bonus, you can look out for ladder racks that come with extra hardware accessories that both help in installation or as spare parts.
Safety is an integral part of ladder rack selection that must not be overlooked for obvious reasons. You must ensure that the ladder rack you intend to buy is capable of supporting the weight of your ladder before purchase.
This will prevent the rack bracket snapping after a short while. Seeking as most parts of the rack can be dangerous, take extra care during the process of installation.
What Size Ladder Rack Do I Need?
The size of the ladder rack is dependent both on the size of the ladder you want to transport and the size of the trailer. Ensure you get each part measured to ensure they are a perfect fit before even purchasing the ladder rack.
The width of the ladder when it is closed will determine the size of the rack bracket, and the length of the trailer will determine the length of the ladder rack.
Is a Ladder Rack Worth It?
Absolutely! If you are the type that constantly transports load and equipment in your trailer, you will need to maximize every inch of space available to you in your trailer. Storing a ladder in your trailer is not feasible, especially when it is an extension ladder.
Utilizing a ladder rack gives you a safer and more practical alternative that you can use to store and transport your bulky ladders without compromising your safety, or the safety of the ladder.